Davy Stevenson is an engineering manager & developer in beautiful, sunny Portland, Oregon. She has a long history building successful products in the high tech space.
Right out of college Davy joined Insitu as an early-stage employee and contributed to the vision and object tracking team. Insitu was purchased by Boeing in 2009.
She joined Elemental Technologies as the founding member of the web development team and later grew the team to 10 people. At Elemental she was responsible for the web interfaces of five products during the course of her four years there.
In 2013 Davy joined global mapping company Esri, where she works on next generation mapping technologies. She managed the Server and Mobile teams responsible for Esri's Geotrigger Service.
After Esri, Davy joined GitHub as an engineering manager. She managed three teams at GitHub -- the Core App team responsible for performance and scalability, the Billing team responsible for payments and all things $$, and the Storage team that built git-lfs. Davy left GitHub in 2016.
Davy holds degrees in Astrophysics and Computer Science from Williams College and a Masters in Computer Science from Portland State University.
- Mountain West Ruby 2016: Orders of Magnitude in Salt Lake City, UT
- RubyConf Portugal 2015: Orders of Magnitude in Braga, Portugal
- Full Stack Fest 2015: Orders of Magnitude in Barcelona, Spain
- ACT-W 2015 Keynote: Career Advancement: The System is Rigged in Portland, OR
- RubyConf 2014: Benchmarking Ruby in San Diego, CA
- Frozen Rails 2014: Ruby as Science, Art and Craft in Helsinki, Finland
- Cascadia Ruby 2014: The Science of Success in Portland, OR
- Ruby Nation 2014: Ruby as Science, Art and Craft, in Washington DC
- La Conf 2014: The Science of Success, in Paris, France
- Ruby on Ales 2014: Ruby as Science, Art and Craft, in Bend, OR
- RubyConf 2013: Arrrr Me Hearty! Sailing the Seas of DRb in a Shoe, in Miami Beach, FL
- Cascadia Ruby 2013: Ruby as Art; Ruby as Science; Ruby as Craft, in Portland, OR
- Golden Gate Ruby Conference 2013: Afternoon Storytime: Team Building, in San Francisco, CA
- Ruby on Ales 2013: The Fourth 'R', in Bend, OR
- RubyConf 2012: DRb vs RabbitMQ Showdown, in Denver, CO
- Portland Digital eXperience 2012: Design for the Enterprise Panel, in Portland, OR
- Girls Gather for Computer Science: Video Profile
- Handshaking methodology and redundant data channel between servers during software upgrade
- Structuring and displaying encoding parameters, streaming and/or archival group settings and output target settings
- Cooperative Tracking Flight Test
- Developing a Robust and Flexible Simulation Environment to Support Cooperative Tracking of UAVs